The Quai bridge connects Bellevue with Bürkliplatz over the Limmat river. The 121 m bridge is crossed daily by 50000 cars and over 1500 trams thus making it one of the most trafficked construction in city center. The decision to build the bridge was taken by the Zurich Municipal Assembly on 18 May 1873 and construction started 9 years later in 1882 led by Arnold Bürkli. The construction work on the 20 m wide bridge was completed on 31st of December 1884 and officially opened the day after. Wikimedia Commons hosts a picture of the bridge from 1890 here.